[ale] Ubuntu 8.10 X

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jan 4 13:43:44 EST 2009

This is just a follow up from last week's thread.

At Circuit City I bought a Compaq SR5510F right before they closed.
It is running Vista but I'm sending this email from 8.10 Live CD.  I could
never get X to detect the 1680x1050 screen resolution that I have been
running since 7.04 -> 8.04.  To fix this, I copied the xorg.conf from
my ShuttleX to this system and restarted gdm.  I now have good
resolution.

I really wish they would fix this issue.  It would suck to have a nice
PC like this and be stuck at 1024x768 when Vista allows 1600x1200.
Might even run some people off....

Chris