[ale] DVD -> ipod video

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Jan 2 21:59:01 EST 2009

On Fri January 2 2009, Pete Hardie wrote:
> And it does work!  I was able to get a DV D movie onto my iPod.
> Thanks to all for the pointers and advice!
>
> > FWIW, I did find the avidemux settings that work, at least for the
> > small sample I tried.

for those of us that didn't follow the entire thread ( and I just got a nice
new little mp3 player that also does movies), what exactly do you do??

for my home movies, I use tovid to create MPEG videos from AVIs, then burn
those to DVDs using makeburn... will an mp3 player play an MPEG? ( or for
that matter an AVI?)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800