[ale] SATA backplane for 2U server

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 09:19:08 EST 2009

I have an unused 4 port sata backplane from a 1U server. It supports hot
swap drive bays. I originally needed a SAS backplane and got this by
mistake. I also have some special cables (extras from when the SAS backplane
came in) but the SATA bakplane doesn't use them. This device has 4
independant SATA connectors and 2 power supply connectors.

2009/1/1 Chris <behrnetworks at gmail.com>

> Hey ALEers,
>
> I'm looking for a set of four SATA backplanes, the kind that would be used
> in a 1 or 2U rackmount server for a single drive. I've searched and searched
> and cannot seem to find anything online. I've looked around stores such as
> Fry's and Microcenter but they do not carry them. Any tips would absolutely
> be appreciated.

James P. Kinney III