[ale] upding software issue

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Feb 27 08:20:11 EST 2009

No reason for flames here.  Fedora is specifically intended to be
bleeding edge.  It is used as a test bed for what ends up in RedHat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) which has a much longer lifespan between
releases.   Those who don't like the bleeding edge should certainly use
CentOS as it is a recompile of the RHEL sources so has a life as long as
the RHEL version it is based upon.

Of course I do have to say "ewwwbuntu" - let the flames begin...