[ale] [JOBS] Sr. Systems Administrator positions

Jeff Hubbs jeffrey.hubbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:21:33 EST 2009

Don't you mean "low" standard, at five-plus years?  I'm currently being
officially called "senior" at 22 years, so as far as I'm concerned, the
distinction is arbitrary and shouldn't be considered to be any more than
that.

As for what's in the description, it seems to me that if you are being
constrained to using Red Hat, the position isn't exactly "senior."  My
observation has been that RHEL shops take on many of the same
implementation and integration hassles as Windows shops...it wasn't so
much Windows per se that I sought to distance myself from a decade ago
as it was those hassles!

- Jeff