[ale] Maybe was discussed before - revised

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:46:16 EST 2009

I just went to the link provided using F10 and firefox. Even with
useragent set to IE7/Vista it fails looking for ActiveX (the scourge
of the Internet).

What the process is trying to do is likely store configuration data on
the registering machine. It _seems_ like a good idea for a totaly
clueless (l)user to get it done for them. But, yes, there is a level
of arrogance normally associated with the phone company.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM,  <rs at ale.spam.futz.org> wrote:
>>In short : Is anybody are able to go around http://dslinstallation.bellsouth.net and successfully to register new AT&T account under Linux.
>
> I went through this about 6 months ago. After a few calls to tech support, I
> finally got someone to create a userid/password for me, but they made me
> promise not to tell anyone, since it's against policy or something. Very
> frustrating.

James P. Kinney III