[ale] Maybe was discussed before - revised

Ken Ratliff forsaken at targaryen.us
Tue Feb 24 22:13:26 EST 2009

> Yes. Using the procedure I outlined, I was able to type my DSL
> UID and password directly into the modem's "Connection Configuration"
> page, and get on line.  The URL http://192.168.1.1 refers to the
> internal web server on the modem, which it uses to serve up
> its status and configuration data.

What he's saying is that, basically, they give you a temporary
username and password and that all of it's requests are being proxied
to their provisioning page to do the permanent setup of the accounts
credentials. If that's the case, then the above procedure isn't going
to work, because he doesn't have a working username and password yet,
and I'm assuming that since this question is hitting the mailing list,
he's tried linux based browser and they can't deal with at&t's website
(which is particularly stupid of them, if true)