[ale] OT: recover Safari browser history

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Tue Feb 24 16:24:20 EST 2009

Jim Kinney wrote:
> I also think the overly helpful history in FF3 is annoying. I don't
> want to see every iteration of a website url I frequent when I start
> typing in a new url.

I can't actually recall how much I liked the new address bar in the
beginning, but I certainly would hate to live without it now.

It gives priority to to URLs that you actually typed yourself and gives
increased priority to to items that you actually selected during a
previous search.

I might find it more useful because I use dozens of quick search
bookmarks.  My quick searches match the domain name, so if I start
typing "hulu <show i watched before" I'll go straight to the show I want
instead of navigating.

I still have my hoard of bookmarks, but I definitely use the new address
bar more now :)

Pat