[ale] School Project to Create Distributed Filesystem

Omar Chanouha ofosho at gatech.edu
Tue Feb 24 14:54:08 EST 2009

I appreciate all the ideas. I think the bottom line is that the
aggressive timeline we have been given, piggybacking over nfs it not
going to be possible. I think we will just write a short proof of
concept user space app that connects via our simplistic protocol, to
our simplistic protocol. Not as "noble" (I like that comment btw), but
when the professor wants the whole thing working well, 3 weeks before
the end of the semester, and this is only one of 5 classes, nobility
must take a back seat.

Thanks,

-OFosho, Miami Dolphin and Former NFS Kernel Hacker