[ale] OT: Dorkbot Event Invite

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:55:49 EST 2009

Extending an invitation to attend the next "dorkbot" event on...

Wednesday night, February 25th, 8pm, at the WonderRoot

...where I'll be making a short presentation on the origins of
the Amiga computer and talking about it's role as a founding
pioneer on the frontiers of electronic and multimedia arts,
starting with the 1985 New York Amiga debut publicity party
featuring Andy Warhol.

Poster, details, directions, etc. are here:
< http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotatl/upcoming_meetings/2009_02_25.html >

I'll be joined by a long time friend, Don Hassler, an electronic
music historian and aficionado who will be talking about the
re-engineered, midi-fied resurrection of the classic Buchla 200e
analog synthesizer.

(For many years, Don also maintained the Amiga & Mac computer
Labs at the Atlanta College of Art, and can speak to many aspects
of the Amiga presentation and conversation as well).

====
And in case you don't know your "geek"  from your "dorkbot":

dorkbot is a monthly meeting of artists (sound/image/movement/whatever),
designers, engineers, students and other interested parties who are involved
in the creation of electronic art (in the broadest sense of the term). dorkbot
was started in New York in 2000 by douglas irving repetto and has since
spread to over 40 cities worldwide. (See them all at: http://dorkbot.org)

dorkbot-atl meetings are coordinated by Matt Gilbert
and hosted by the WonderRoot

===
Thanks for your attention!
peace