[ale] 4 way timer

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Sun Feb 22 21:51:09 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM, brobinso at tfn.net <brobinso at tfn.net> wrote:

>> So, for example, if I press '1', it will begin the first timer, when I
>> press '2', it will stop the first timer, and begin the second.  Same for
>> the other 2.
>
> A chess timer counts down, I think.  Does yours count down
> like a timer or up like a stopwatch?

Also, I'm not sure what happens if you press one and then 4.

If you *always* start 2 after 1 and 3 after 2, etc., then you'd just
need two keys to have an N-way timer.  Hit, say, enter, to start
a new timer and stop the last one, and, say control-C to stop the
last timer and print all of the timings.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>