[ale] HP netbooks w/Linux

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri Feb 20 15:48:57 EST 2009

I was looking for Linux based netbooks when I ran across this:
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-266243.html
I find it a little disheartening and feel like it's a losing battle
against the evil empire of M$. "Life as you know it will no longer
exist, resistance is futile you will be assimilated" (STNG). And then I
kind of half expect it as I do believe this is not the first time that
HP has waffled on Linux support although it is just in certain markets
and the US was not one of them. I also wouldn't put it past M$ to be a
little underhanded in putting pressure on certain leading vendors.