[ale] How Do I Join?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:21:48 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:11 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com>wrote:

> What are you expecting ale.org to do? Really the only purpose it has
> is to inform people of the meetings and allow them to sign up for the
> mailing list. In the several years I've been participating in the
> list, I've been to the website only a few times. I could probably
> count the number of times on both hands.
>
> 2009/2/19 Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>:
> > On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I'd like to jump back on this project of mine and redesign the ALE
> website
> >> (thankfully, that's running on Wordpress)  I'm a PHP web developer and I
> >> have some graphic skills.  I tend to create web sites from start to
> finish
> >> and I take user experience into heavy consideration.
> >>
> >> Personal Blog
> >> http://www.fergytech.com
> >>
> >> World of Warcraft Guild Blog
> >> http://www.eyesoftheeast.net
> >>
> >> Design Portfolio
> >> http://www.digitalalias.net/portfolio
> >>
> >> Thanks for any feedback, especially from the webmaster of the ALE.org
> >> domain. ;)

> the

> stuff

> people
> been

> as

> the

> Enthusiasts.

> up
> feel

> >> --
> >> Marc F.
> >>
> >> www.fergytech.com
> >> Registered Linux User: #410978
> >>
> >> "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc
> F.
> >
> > One last bit.  Are you guys using any web analytic services, like Google
> > Analytics or Omniture SiteCatalyst?  I looked at the home page code and I
> > didn't recognize any.  It would be very interesting to see what your web
> > stats are, in greater detail.
> >
> > --
> > Marc F.
> >
> > www.fergytech.com
> > Registered Linux User: #410978
> >
> > "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.

> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

Hi James,

What I want to do is totally presentational only.  I totally understand the
action is in the mailing list and I do not want to change that in any way.
To be honest, I think the site looks ugly and there are some User Experience
things I'd like to change.  Other than that, the site will still have the
same information... maybe a blog section, but not needed.  I just want the
site to look prettier, keeping up with the "times". :D