[ale] Multiplexing streaming audio?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:21:14 EST 2009

What you would have to do is cache the content with something like
Squid. Then you would serve the cached content to your network users.
But the nature of the two things you have cited make that a very
difficult, if unrealistic, feat. There is an example in the Squid wiki
about YouTube[1], but nothing specifically targeting internet radio.

I suppose what you could do is figure out what stations your users
listen to, setup a constant stream to disk, and forward all requests
to that station to your local stream. Seems like it would be a lot of
work for little benefit and great headache (it's bound to break).
Wouldn't implementing some strict QoS rules in regard to these
services be easier?

[1] -- http://tinyurl.com/baqrld

--
James Sumners