[ale] AT&T blocked

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:20:20 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:41, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:
>> ~$ host 72.52.240.4
>> 4.240.52.72.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer host.wholesalechandeliers.com.
>> ~$ host host.wholesalechandeliers.com
>> Host host.wholesalechandeliers.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> so, this is an AMS issue. Do I need to push back on them to get this resolved?
> Or do I just move providers to someplace that is a little more secure?

According to whois, it is up to SEROUYA at AOL.COM as he/she is listed as
the technical contact for wholesalechandeliers.com.

Ideally you would have AMS/liquidweb/sourcedns set a PTR like
mail.wholesalechandeliers.com and then have SEROUYA (or GoDaddy) set
up an A record for mail.wholesalechandeliers.com

-Jim P.