[ale] AT&T blocked

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Feb 18 09:44:26 EST 2009

On Wed February 18 2009, Björn Gustafsson wrote:
> You're in Lansing, MI?  The IP address it claims to be blocking below
> is in the liquidweb.com domain, which appears to be up in Michigan.
>
> Having said that, I have heard that amscomputers/dreamhost has a lot
> of spammer clients, which may get your email onto an RBL along with
> the bad apples.

this is what I get back from AMS support:
Hello,

I have submitted this to AT&T, although I am having trouble loading up AT&T's
abuse website now.

There's really not a whole lot I can do in regards to this.  AT&T will block
the server and then they will just write me back and say that the block has
been removed.  They never tell me why it is blocked in the first place.  I
can't be expected to remedy the problem if they won't tell me why they are
blocking the server.

maybe THEY need to look into why they are being blacklisted??

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800