[ale] OT: Maglev funding?

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Tue Feb 17 13:50:55 EST 2009

A long time ago, (17.02.09), in a galaxy far, far away, Greg Freemyer wrote:

:=On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Dylan Northrup <docx at io.com> wrote:
:=> A long time ago, (17.02.09), in a galaxy far, far away, Greg Freemyer wrote:
:=>
:=> :=I think it would be cool if went from Hartsfield to 5 Points (or
:=> :=Peachtree Center) and then straight up I-75.  That was one of the
:=> :=proposed routes in the powerpoint.
:=>
:=> Now, if only there were a plan to link things up so I could take Mass
:=> Transit from East Cobb to Duluth in under two hours, THAT would be cool.
:=
:=It's not mass transit, but this will do the job for only $140K.
:=
:=http://www.iconaircraft.com/wingfold-studio-video.html

My ideal transportation solution would be one that doesn't require me to pay
attention during the drip, except at transfer points.  Sadly, personal
aircraft would likely require me to pay even more attention than I do now
while driving.  Also, I'm pretty sure the TCO for that would be much greater
than the distributed TCO for a mass transit solution.

--
Dylan Northrup - docx at io.com - http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's