[ale] Proposed ALE/Chugalug Outing..

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Feb 17 07:39:31 EST 2009

There has been a lot of discussion recently about Monorails, trains,
MagLev and more over on the ALE.org list. Chugalug tends towards
BioDiesel/Diesel cars as an off-topic theme.

My crazy idea is, perhaps we mix it all up, and mix up Chugalug and ALE
with a spring (when it is a little warmer) trip to the Tennessee Valley
Railroad Museum. Taking a ride is completely optional,

We could discuss trains, diesel.. heck, might even segway into a
discussion or presentation about Linux. Or at least, networking,
using train cars as an analogy for packet switching, data payloads..

It's just an idea, no agenda other than my brain percolating ideas
as the coffee pot perks... The cars/engines and shops (where they restore
things) are fairly interesting and provide topical discussion triggers.
We could even setup a data projector (I have a good one)
and have a real meeting in one of the cars.