[ale] OT: Maglev funding?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Feb 16 17:25:24 EST 2009

> Do you think a business class bus running between Atlanta and
> Chattanooga would be successful.  If a bus market does not exist how
> could you argue that a market exists for the more expensive trains.

I use Groom Transportation (small 12-15 passenger buses)
about once a month between Chattanooga and Atlanta.
but only to the airport (ATL).

If there was more public transit in Atlanta,
I could use it more.. and get around Atlanta better.
we just had a client from Europe (London) have for a
few days, wanted to visit Atlanta and died laughing
when we told him he could not get from downtown
Chattanooga to Atlanta via mass transit,
and that inside the city it was very limited.

To be on topic: he was very Linux friendly
and personally preferred SUSE..