[ale] OT: Maglev funding?

Atlanta Geek atlantageek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 14:01:02 EST 2009

So I see how monorail helps a metro area but the original writer was
discussing longer distance trains. Atlanta to Chattanooga trains. It
sounds like Monorail does not make sense for this type of ride.

My next question is does people movers that require large capital
expenditures make sense. The existing/sucessful mass transit systems
I've been on (NY, London, Washington DC) were built before the
automobile.

Could you not have the same affect with buses that run on HOV or bus
only lanes today.

Do you think a business class bus running between Atlanta and
Chattanooga would be successful.  If a bus market does not exist how
could you argue that a market exists for the more expensive trains.

--
http://www.atlantageek.com