[ale] How can I mimic Apple's terrific screen graphics and text resolution ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 15 11:27:47 EST 2009

I' m using an HP w2408 LCD monitor and have poor resolution vis-a-vis
Apple's great resolution I see at Fry's, etc....

Can I mimic Apple's crisp clear screen's graphics and text ?  If yes,
how, please ?  Or does Apple use some proprietary hardware/software to
achieve their superior look  ?

BTW I run OS X 10.5.2 Leopard, Slax and Vista...all on this same
machine with resolution of 1280 x 1040. The monitor's recommendation
at power-on is 1920 x 1200. Both @60Hz.  But I'd like to mimic Apple's
look, however it's done.

As always, much appreciation,

Courtney