[ale] feasibility of motherboard & HD replacement in portable, rather than computer replacement ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 11 15:30:53 EST 2009

Sean,

You are correct that 512mb RAM modules PC133 are available for about $30/ea.
in a size that will physically fit. Now if I can only
find out if they are usable  :-)

You are again right that I run outta the socket. I use an N router and
adapter so the web is crisp and the old drive and small ram
are the only obstacle to complete satisfaction. I'm obviously not one who
likes runnin' out an' buyin' a new box  :-)

Thanks for the drive information,

Courtney