[ale] feasibility of motherboard & HD replacement in portable, rather than computer replacement ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 11 15:06:58 EST 2009

Thanks Sean.

You are probably correct that Dell's online manual for the C810 is probably
the original and a 512mb format might not have been available then.
Wish I'd thought of that last week as I just replaced the 256mb RAM sticks
:-)   it was cheap though.

How can I tell if a 7200rpm drive will fit  ?  Are drives for portables like
Dell all the same size  ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney