[ale] [OT]Energy usage tracking

Atlanta Geek atlantageek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:13:13 EST 2009

I've found an interesting device
(http://www.envirogadget.com/computer-gadgets/energy-usage-tracking-the-energy-detective/)
that lets you track your energy usage and store it on the computer.  I
want one but my fear is that the protocol would be closed. Does anyone
know of such a device with an open protocol.

My goals are
1. Identify cooling strategy (heat is through gas)  using the day's
forecasted temperature, and whether we would be home that day or not.
2. Identify how much energy we are using throughout the day.
3. compare days that no one is home and not at home.
4. And just bring more visibility to our power usage.

--
http://www.atlantageek.com