[ale] advice needed.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:53:51 EST 2009

do you have a "cookie counter" to track concurrent users? How do you
currently apply the 1000 user limit?

A box with thinned Linux OS with nothing but your app and webserver
installed at 20-client users business. Box has only route back to you
for remote support.

vmware player image is free once built. But it's a static image. No
data storage possible. Will need a storage medium.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Atlanta Geek <atlantageek at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a web application that we sell to corporations for 1000 users.
> Marketing has come back and asked for a 20 user solution. We tried
> suggesting the SAAS approach but for accounting purposes this may be
> more difficult for customers to agree too.
>
> So the only other option is to do this as a vmware image that will run
> on a windows platform. (The virtual machine would still be a linux
> machine.)
>
> I don't have a lot of experience with this. Does this sound
> reasonable.  Im thinking that this may be great for simplifying
> backups and that sort of thing. Is this reasonable for A windows user
> to run a virtual machine on his PC?
>

> --
> http://www.atlantageek.com

James P. Kinney III