[ale] Job listing

Sean drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed Feb 4 15:37:27 EST 2009

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 01:55:43 pm Robert L. Harris wrote:
>    All, I just got this from a recruiter out in Georgia.  Hope it can
> help someone in need.
> Reply direct to him as I'm not affiliated, I just get the occasional
> spamage.
>
> Robert
>

> ------
>
> Here is my job description please send anyone who is a fit.
>
> UNIX System Admin/ Production Support
>
> Reason: The Applications Development team is building a New Portal for
> the Lasalle/CashPro Web transition.

> with errors. They will need to evaluate, analyze and identify the
> problem and perform appropriate triage. If necessary, they will need to
> escalade the problem to development team or other appropriate SME. They
> need to maintain balance and manage triage in a calm and positive under
> pressure.

[rest snipped for brevity]

Back when people actually looked forward to reading their daily newspaper,
I worked in many a newsroom as a writer, photographer, and editor.

This job description reads as if it were written by someone for whom the
English language is not his native tongue.  When I see stuff like this, it
always makes me a bit leery, especially when the return address seems to
be local.

YMMV

Sean