[ale] PGP Subkey Expiration

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 19:09:39 EST 2009

I have a pgp/gpg subkey that is about to expire (the encryption subkey is expiring, not the master signing key), and was wondering which action to take:

1) Extend expiration date
2) Let encryption subkey expire and generate a new encryption subkey
3) Let encryption subkey expire AND revoke it, and generate a new encryption subkey

Just wondering what normal practice was on this. The reason I initially put an expiration date on the subkey was in case I ever lost the keys and/or paranoia.

Andrew