[ale] Garmin killer

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:19:17 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Pat Regan <thehead at patshead.com> wrote:

> I also prefer entering destinations on Google Maps.  I don't have to
> know addresses.  You can just tell it to navigate to McDonald's,
> Starbucks, or Dunkin' Donuts.  It'll pop up a list of nearby choices.  I
> understand the Droid's voice search can understand something like
> "navigate to mcdonalds" and it does the right thing.  My g1 just takes
> me to a google search :p.

Having been on a couple of road trips here at the end of the year, I can
absolutely tell you the voice search integration in the Navigation rocks.
It's understood me over moderate noise, and found the destinations I was
looking for (and in one case, since I was looking for Post Offices along our
route, it highlighted them until I had another search).

I've been meaning to get the car dock, because it is obvious to me now how
much better this is to my sweetie's dedicated GPS.

Brian