[ale] OT: password gripe

wolf at wolfhalton.info wolf at wolfhalton.info
Thu Dec 31 16:57:22 EST 2009

I use a book-cipher and a modified caesar-cipher on the term from the
book(s) for most stuff.
This is really simple to remember but creates pretty strong passwords.
like this - you just have to remember who your friends are:

FTR%I(E$NJDRSER5
Frtr45i89e34nhjdersweR$5

24-char passwords are safe enough from brute-forcing

and one-time semi-random passwords for seldom-used stuff