[ale] Alt+Ctrl+F# blank screens

Gray Frost grayf327 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 15:14:41 EST 2009

If I use a simple non-duel monitor xorg.conf file then all is well.
With a duel monitor xorg.cong file my duel screens work just fine, I
just cant see my alt+ctrl+F# sessions.

When using duel monitors my Alt+Ctrl+F# screens are blank. No cursor,
nothing! I have been operating in duel screen mode for years but for
some reason have this problem in Ubuntu 9.10. I am using the
nvidia-settings built xorg.conf file and tried all sort of suggestions
from others postings to no avail. If I default back to a single
monitor then my Alt +Ctrl+F# X sessions work fine..

Linux Serenity 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 8 04:02:15 UTC
2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux