[ale] Recovering Evolution from external device

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Dec 27 13:46:53 EST 2009

On Sun December 27 2009, Dan Lambert wrote:
> > I had a system crash in an earlier version of Ubuntu that is on a dual
> > boot drive with XP. (note I didn't have to mention the vendor.
> > Everyone knows who it is.) For some reason I haven't been able to
> > determine yet, the root partition is apprently corrupted, and the
> > system won't boot from the Ubuntu installation.

did you have /home as a separate file system? This is the best way to do it,
so you can reinstall ANY distro ( almost?) and format the "/" partition and
leave the /home partition alone. I've probably formatted & reloaded linux on
my laptop a dozen times, yet I still have all my emails from the very first
install.. 4 years later..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800