[ale] Recovering Evolution from external device

wolf at wolfhalton.info wolf at wolfhalton.info
Sun Dec 27 11:34:14 EST 2009

They are probably in the hidden .evolution/mail directory in your
home/profile directory.  Each email "folder" is a text file with the
emails set sequentially in the file.  These can be quite large files.
It is easier to data-mine them for phone numbers and emails and keywords
than to break them into individual emails again.  I have not, to date,
had any luck inserting these files into alternate email profiles.  The
folder headings do show up in the Evolution client, but they show as
empty folders.