[ale] "i am a god"

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 21:06:26 EST 2009

You should see the company he keeps!

On Dec 18, 2009 6:47 PM, "aaron" <aaron at pd.org> wrote:

On 2009, Dec, 18, , at 8:51 AM, Jim Kinney wrote: > I never read Stranger
until 1993. A that time I...
I haven't read Stranger -- more of an Arthur Clarke / Kurt Vonnegut /
Kilgore Trout / Stannislaw Lem scifi fan  -- so the name alone made
me curious about the character.  This is the front of his wikipedia
entry:

" Jubal Harshaw is a fictional character featured in Stranger in a
Strange Land,
a novel by Robert A. Heinlein. He is described as: "Jubal E. Harshaw,
LL.B., M.D.,
Sc.D., bon vivant, gourmet, sybarite, popular author extraordinary,
neo-pessimist
philosopher, devout agnostic, professional clown, amateur subversive,
and parasite
by choice. "

I definitely can see the appeal in being this person.  Sans the
degrees (which I can fake if needed...) I'm about 75% Jubal without
even knowing it and I figure Jim at about 85% without trying, too.
:-)

peace
aaron