[ale] VNC viewing troubles

Gray Frost grayf327 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:44:10 EST 2009

I am having trouble with viewing in VNC.

 System:  Ubuntu 9.10 x64 running x11vnc server
  Client: Ubuntu 9.10 runing vncviewer or tightvnc on a 1005ah eeepc
  running eeebuntu.

  Issue:  Scrollbars lock up.....

   if I use any scaling at all so that the image fits the 1024x600
  notebook screen the scroll bars on the side  and bottom scroll down
  and to the right just fine but lock up once touched never to be moved
  up or left again thus making the session useless.
  I haven't found anything on the internet but I have had this issue
when ever I have
  tried to vnc.  So why me?  I have seen this before for years on other
  comps and eventually gave up on VNC remotely.
  If I use -fullscreen mode I can navigate just fine but at the native
  1680x1050 resolution which is painful on the notebook which has a
  resolution of 1024x600.  And then of course since I can't see my own
  notebook screen I have to Alt + F1 to get out of the vnc graphic
  screen to kill the vncviewer << works but very annoying.

  Things tried:  Everything LOL, all sorts of scaling settings, geometry
  settings, disabling compiz, using different clients etc.

Thanks,
Gray