[ale] Plasma fell over this morning

Tue Dec 15 11:12:50 EST 2009

I had a completely different interpretation of this subject line. When
I installed our first plasma TV on the wall on a long cantilever arm
in 2006 I had to center it on a stud instead of between 2 studs.
Therefore the big wide plate that is supposed to be mounts two 2 studs
just barely allowed the cantilever arm to clip on the far right edge
and still be centered over the fireplace. Then to top it all off, the
morning after I hung the 100lb monster, I flew to London, UK for a
week. I worried about it "falling over" the whole time. But now I feel
fine swinging it out perpendicular to the wall so it can be seen from
the other room.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Charles Shapiro
<hooterpincher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm.  Plasma crashed on startup this morning on my Ubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.1
> desktop.  Hard crash, completely repeatable.   Only on my main
> development account -- it worked fine on other logins.
>
> After fumbling around on google for a little from my laptop I moved
> ${HOME}/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc and
> ${HOME}/.kde/share/config/plasmarc to a save directory.  Doing that
> got plasma running, but naturally all of my desktop configuration was
> reset to the Ubuntu shipped defaults.  Further investigation showed
> that the bad file was in fact "plasma-appletsrc".  It looks
> uncorrupted, but obviously something is bad wrong with it. I dutifully
> restored my desktop best I could. Fortunately "plasma-appletrc" is a
> human-readable file, so I was at least able to use it for reference.
> Still don't really know what hit me.
>
> -- CHS

.!# RichardBronosky #!.