[ale] email server

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Dec 13 11:56:10 EST 2009

On Sun December 13 2009, Jim Kinney wrote:
> While you can most likely send mail out without an MX record, you may not
> be able to receive mail. Also many (most) ISP's will not allow mail to flow
> through their systems unless the originating mail server has a valid MX
> record so as to cut down on spam.

ok, so.. I need to get am MX record, somehow.. added..??

> Note: resize your pictures to the actual dimensions used in the HTML for
> _much_ faster initial load in and add a link to get full hi-res version.
> Your upload speed is way to slow for a page full of .5MB pics which are
> only displayed at 10% full size :-)

yeah, yeah, I'm a notepad-type web page creator, no fancy frills, and I'm not
real good at working with images. when I have a week or 2 off, I'll play with
that:)
those pictures weren't meant for general population consumption, just
basically for THE FAMILY..
I need a full-featured program that will take a folder of pictures, compile
them into a web page, with thumbnails.. something like gallery2 ( never able
to get it to work..)

> I like snow pics! Atlanta doesn't get much so it's always fun 'till the
> power goes out!

like last Wed. when that 120 foot tall red oak fell across our street,
blocking my way to get to work, and turning off our power for 5 hours.. we
missed the tornado that went by, a few miles from us, but it did manage to
put out our power & phone ( DSL) for the day..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800