[ale] system freezes

Benjie benjie.godfrey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 23:34:10 EST 2009

I would assume that running memtest would induce the same lockup.  In
all my years of servicing x86 hardware, system freezes have always
been caused by problems with cpu temperature, power fluctuations, or
bad hardware drivers.  Take your pick.  Memtest will definitely
indicate if there is a minor problem with a memory module, or in some
cases cache, but I am betting that running it will cause the same
problem.