[ale] system freezes

Benjie.godfrey benjie.godfrey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 22:23:16 EST 2009

The first two things that I would check are the CPU heatsink and the
power supply. If the BIOS displays the cpu temp ( most do), verify
that the cpu is operating within tolerance. Check the heatsink and
make sure that it is seated properly. Too much thermal grease is as
bad as none.  If you have a meter, I would also advise checking the
power supply voltages. Along that same line, are you doing anything
that may cause a spike in power usage ( i.e. heavy disk i/o,
compiling). There are a lot of variables here.

Benjie