[ale] Boxee unveils beta, stand-alone box made by D-Link

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Dec 11 19:31:54 EST 2009

On 2009, Dec, 11, , at 6:02 PM, <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu>
<krwatson at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Boxee unveils beta, stand-alone box made by D-Link
> http://www.techspot.com/news/37250-boxee-unveils-beta-standalone-
> box-made-by-dlink.html
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/ydo8w5f
>
> I'm not so happy about the shape. I like things that I can set
> other things on top of.

But wait... if this thing takes off we can make a fortune
selling Blev-ee-lers!  Look at all the plug in gadgets
for the iPlod and tell me I'm wrong!

The basic unit would be a cheap plastic snap on which simply
makes the cube sit square. From there the Blev-ee-ler line could
include higher end gimmicks or useful features -- like a "color
organ" with lights that dance to the audio output -- or maybe
a drive case with USB interface -- or a hardware HDMI restriction
buster for the digital video out.

I'm telling you, this is a gold mine straight from the
Sierra Nevada!

peace
aaron