[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:37:55 EST 2009

david w. millians wrote:
> On 12/10/2009 3:21 PM, Preston Boyington wrote:
>> different sects of Muslims.  the ones I know (from Trinidad) are pretty
>> hard partying and drink like fish.  not wine mind you, that is 'for
>> sissys' according to them.
>
> This is a first for me. I have *always* heard that alcohol is forbidden,
> period. Which made the Saudis and their wine cellars particularly
> intriguing. Investment, my foot.

lol, no they are just as much of a skirt chasing bunch as anyone.  it's
interesting how they get around their religious law.  my adoptive
brother has sent me pics from inside one of their 'party planes'.
apparently these are like 'Vegas' for those that can pay.

I hear from them how political/divisive the different sects of Islam
are.  Seriously makes the bickering between Christian groups look tame.
the Wahhabists are the most extreme, mostly by rejecting 19th and 20th
Century interpretation/westernization of Islam.

oh and Allah is not the same as the Christian God.  Al-Iliah was around
long before Mohammad repackaged Islam into a monotheistic religion.
Al-Iliah is the 'moon god' which is why mosques still have the crescent
moon symbol adorning them.  incidentally the name of Jericho (as in
Battle of Jericho) from the book of Joshua in the Christian Bible
translates to 'city of the moon god'.