[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Thu Dec 10 09:58:22 EST 2009

The sky is falling, the sky is falling....

I thought the consensus is that we are heading towards an ice age.

"Science: Another Ice Age?" Time  June 24, 1974
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914-1,00.html

"The Cooling World" Newsweek, April 28, 1975
    http://www.denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm

Reminds me of another fairy tale - Goldilocks.

The Malthusian Catastrophe (population explosion) also has not occurred yet even though it keeps getting revised.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusian_catastrophe

As for the rest of your screed, I would suggest you should double up on your meds!

(Head down - headed for my bunker now - where I will rape the planet and no one will hear it scream)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4XhhTF7vRM

Peace on Earth, Purity of Essence
--
doug mcnash