[ale] Thunderbird 3

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:44:01 EST 2009

On 12/09/2009 11:04 AM, Geoffrey wrote:
> Scott Castaline wrote:
>> On 12/09/2009 10:39 AM, Robert Coggins wrote:
>>> Anyone using Thunderbird 3 yet?  If so, how do you like it?  Any issues
>>> with it in linux?
>>>
>>> I updated on my mac with no issues other than finding the latest
>>> lightning addons.  But, my Ubuntu machine had some slight issues. Mostly
>>> with recognizing/changing imap account configurations and
>>> changing my gmail account to use pop instead of imap.  It was almost
>>> like it was reading a configuration that I had several years ago.  I got
>>> it all worked out though.
>>>
>>> Anyone else see this or other issues?
>>>
>>> Robert
>>>
>> Been using the Beta now for a while with Fedora 11. NPF other than
>> addons are a little slow catching up. Also the first time you use it
>> with existing mail folders it will index them and if you have large
>> folders it can take a while. Once indexed though, it is faster than 2.x,
>> plus the tabbing feature is good.
>
> I wonder if they've fixed the filter forwarding bug?

I'm not sure which one you're talking about, but I was having problems
with filters working sometime back automatically from gmail. It seemed
when I switched to default skin they started working. My preferred skin
seemed to interfere (?) but since the last update to that skin all seems
to be fine for now. Don't know if that answers your question.