[ale] fiber channel mounts

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Dec 7 13:26:46 EST 2009

OCFS or OCFS2?

Not arguing - just curious.

________________________________

From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
scott
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 1:08 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!
Cc: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!
Subject: Re: [ale] fiber channel mounts

With my tests OCFS has less performance/functionalities than GFS when
used without oracle.

Sent from my mobile...

On Dec 7, 2009, at 12:56, "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner at water.com> wrote:

	I'm saying while OCFS2 was initially designed for Oracle there
is nothing prohibiting one from using it for other purposes since it is
Open Source (i.e. no cost).

	However, it probably makes more sense to investigate GFS first
if you're not already familiar with OCFS2.