[ale] OT: CFL recycle?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Dec 2 20:34:47 EST 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009, Jim Kinney wrote:
> yep!  Those have been a known problem for a long time. It was common to
> have "the janitor" take them out back and break them into the dumpster.
> Thus making the dumpster nearly eligible for EPA SuperFund money.

Janitor? You must be *old*! ;-) Even in the seventies when I served a
brief stint as one while in school, we were "custodial assistants" and
right damn pro^H^H^H ashamed of it!

Oh, and breaking eight foot florescent tubes in the dumpster was one of
the very few fun parts of the job. Four foot tubes not so much since you
could not through them like a spear:-O
--
William (at least I'm not posting in the global warming thread)