[ale] Disappointed in the recent climate research hack

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Dec 2 11:06:54 EST 2009

david w. millians wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> david w. millians wrote:
>>> I'll see if I can dig up the paper again. It was written by some
>>> scientists over there at that trade school that thought they could play
>>> football, IIRC.
>>>
>>> /still gloating, if you couldn't tell.
>> A six pack of your favorite brew (or soda, if you prefer) on next years
>>   game?
>
> I might take you up on that. We should be better next year. But then, I
> didn't think we'd be this inconsistent this year.

I think Georgia will be better next year, but I think Tech will be as well.

> It wasn't the fact that Georgia won that amused me. I am very grateful
> for large miracles, and a great gameplan. No, the reason I'm gloating
> some is the EXTREME certainty from newer Tech fans that it was going to
> be a blowout. Anybody who knows Ga/GT knows it is never that easy, and
> when Johnson minimized the game's difficulty, they got set up. Having
> been an unsuccessful Tech student, I *know* how important that game is
> to Tech fans, and pretending it's not, and will be easy, is a recipe for
> disaster.
>
> Tech is probably the better team this year, honestly. But not on Saturday...

I did not expect a blowout.  I expected it would be close.  Georgia
played that game like everyone expected they would have when they were
ranked 13th at the beginning of the season.  I've said all along, the
game was for Georgia Tech to win or lose, they lost it.  I think that
was the best Georgia played all year.

A lot of folks thought it would be a blow out because Green was out.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin