[ale] Disappointed in the recent climate research hack

david w. millians millia at panix.com
Wed Dec 2 10:28:24 EST 2009

Geoffrey wrote:
> david w. millians wrote:
>> I'll see if I can dig up the paper again. It was written by some
>> scientists over there at that trade school that thought they could play
>> football, IIRC.
>>
>> /still gloating, if you couldn't tell.
>
> A six pack of your favorite brew (or soda, if you prefer) on next years
>   game?

I might take you up on that. We should be better next year. But then, I
didn't think we'd be this inconsistent this year.

It wasn't the fact that Georgia won that amused me. I am very grateful
for large miracles, and a great gameplan. No, the reason I'm gloating
some is the EXTREME certainty from newer Tech fans that it was going to
be a blowout. Anybody who knows Ga/GT knows it is never that easy, and
when Johnson minimized the game's difficulty, they got set up. Having
been an unsuccessful Tech student, I *know* how important that game is
to Tech fans, and pretending it's not, and will be easy, is a recipe for
disaster.

Tech is probably the better team this year, honestly. But not on Saturday...