[ale] Motorola headset in Ubuntu 9.10

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Tue Dec 1 23:14:20 EST 2009

On 11/28/2009 10:33 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Since I go this netbook I thought that I would try to install a Motorola
> H500 BT headset and a Vakoss bluetooth dongle.
>
> I've got the dongle "working" and I've paired the H500 with the system.
> I can connect and disconnect to the device using the bluetooth menu.
>
> The problem I'm having is that I can't hear audio in Zoiper.  I've
> selected "bluetooth" as the input and as the output but there is
> nothing.  Ekiga does not even "see" the headset.

When you say you've selected bluetooth as the input and output, where
have you selected it?

When my bluetooth headset is paired, it's listed as an option in the
input and output tabs of gnome-volume-control. In the hardware tab, I
can switch my headset between mono and stereo bluetooth profiles.

In the audio device settings for programs, I choose pulseaudio if it's
an option and otherwise leave it as the default alsa device (which
should really be pulseaudio, I think).

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts