[ale] Anyone have experience hosting email for multiple domains?

Mon Aug 31 00:07:34 EDT 2009

I'd like to avoid reliving your horror stories. I'm a big fan of
"learn from the mistakes of other, don't make them yourself." So far I
have installed postfix and dovecot on a CentOS 5.3 slicehost slice.
Here are my needs (which I will compromise on if I must):
1. Forward email for at least 8 domains to other services (mostly Gmail).
2. Act as a secure sendmail server so that Gmail will send _from_ my
domain, not _on behalf of_ my domain.
3. Act as 'final destination' for at least 1 domain.
4. Server IMAP for final destination domain[s].

So, any advice, good reads, etc.? I have worked through
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix and am going through
http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html I haven't started with
http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers so I don't know if I need that
yet.