[ale] CentOS virtual appliance in Fusion

Asher Vilensky ashervilensky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:32:19 EDT 2009

Execute the .vmx file and you're done.

But, you're not really done, yet.  :-|
It turns out that the appliance's publisher provided a user name/password,
which is not a power user.  So you have to boot into single user mode to
change the password for root.  Why do I mention it (beside the intention to
make life easy for the next guy)?  Because by the time you download the
appliance and go through all the hoopla, you might as well download the iso
image and install the standard way.  The appliance hardly saves you any time
and you depend on somebody else's installation-plus-packaging.  Just my
take.

-- Asher