[ale] OT:Digitizing my old vinyl

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:18:11 EDT 2009

Ok, any audiophiles on the list? Looking to replace my old turntable
with something that will work both as a regular turntable hooked up to
my stereo amp (which does have a phono input) and that will also allow
me to plug into my PC for recording through Audacity. I was looking at
USB turntables, then I ran into a link for a DAK setup that includes a
mixer/preamp and turntable that allows plugging into the Line In on a
sound card.

http://www.dak.com/reviews/2020story.cfm?Ref=G&PM=LPCD&type=GSrch&Srh=turntable_with_USB&gclid=CKP9wqOCs5wCFSBN5QodYVr9mw#in

Am I better off using this type of configuration or does USB work just
as well?

Anyone have any experience with this site?

Looking for opinions

TIA
Scott